Thursday, February 5, 2009
The Biggest Reward Of My Job
I am not big on writing or reading. My English is still not the best and never will be, but I would love to share this story of an extraordinary woman, my friend Debbie Kimble and her family. She was diagnosed with cancer this summer, around the time her first grand baby was to arrive. I was the one they chose to photograph their family before Debbie undergone her surgery. When she introduced herself on the phone, I was very excited, but when her voice quiet down and she said: "See, I have cancer, and we would like the do it as soon as we can..." my heart started beating and at that moment I knew, I have to make impossible possible and take million photos and combinations .... I just didn't want to leave anything out. So I did. I loved photographing the whole family and here are some of the photos ....
Before you view them, I would like you to know that Debbie did great with her surgery, and she is recovering so well! She said:"The cancer is gone but this is just a beginning.... " I really would like you to read this beautiful and motivating story written by Julie Sherwood, Daily Messenger. Click here to read the whole story: Lessons on a cancer journey
I can't tell you how Proud I am to be chosen to be their family photographer, and even prouder that Debbie was photographed for the Messenger with my work. This photo was taken by Riki Van Camp/Messenger Post.
The wonderful thing about being a photographer is that many of my clients become my friends. Seeing and hearing their stories about the photographs we created together is "The biggest reward of my job". Capturing moments and happiness that will stay with them forever is priceless and I cannot describe how honored I am to be chosen not just by Debbie and her family, but all of you. Thank you so much for your trust and putting your trust into my hands. I can only promise to do my best, not just to meet but exceed your expectations.

Debbie, thank you so much for being such a strong, and beautiful friend. I can't wait to get together!
Love ya!
Iveta


This is the 4-generation portrait in the frame on Debbie's Messenger Post photo:








... and this is THE WOMEN OF THE YEAR ... and I am sure you will agree with me...
posted by Iveta @ 11:36 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At February 6, 2009 at 8:59 AM, Blogger Sunny said…

    Debbie is the woman of the year indeed.

    The way you photographed her is amazing. I love the photo of the ring being passed to the baby. Such a beautiful allegory of heritage.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home
 
 
 
My Other Blogs
About Me

Name: Iveta
Home: Canandaigua, NY, United States
About Me: www.lakeviewphotography.com
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by
Blogger Templates